“Palazzo degli Innocenti”, Florence (Italy)
The “Hospital of the Innocents” was designed by Filippo Brunelleschi in 1400 in order to promote children’s care. The restoration aimed to triplicate the area of the building dedicated to the museum and services from 350 m2 to more than 1000 m2. The objective was to enhance the value of the historical and archival heritage as well as the everyday activities of the institute.
Istituto degli Innocenti di Firenze
2008 – 2011
Ipostudio S.r.l., architects Pellegrini, Scarponi and Vassallo, Consilium S.r.l.