Renovation of St. Regis Hotel, Rome (Italy)
The St. Regis Grand Hotel, designed by Giulio Podesti, was inaugurated by César Ritz in 1894, the owner of the hotel of the same name in Paris. In 1906 the building underwent complete transformation in line with the project by René Sergent, a very successful Paris-based architect of the time; during the WWII, the hotel was repeatedly restored, including works on the inner courtyard roof.
The building, facing onto Via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando and Piazza della Repubblica, was constructed on the ancient Baths of Diocletian, adjacent to Piazza della Repubblica and not far from Termini train station.
The restoration project includes works on the layout and finish of the common areas on the ground floor, the rooms and the façade, to improve the hotel functionality while respecting its historic and artistic value.
Constellation Hotels Italy S.r.l.
2016 – In corso
Pierre Yves Rochon e Matteo Thun & Partners